Monday 23 April 2012

Félicien Rops

One of the Legends of Erotica that is still highly collectable today,
Mr. Félicien Rops (7 July 1833 - 23 August 1898)

I'm new to the "Erotica Collecting" Scene but I had the pleasure of researching some of Mr. Rops bookplates and frontispices recently. I have to say it was very educational. I'd to view some of his well known works of erotica and satanic illustrations which seem to grab your interest and hold you firmly within their grasp. All his drawings seemed very selfish, not wanting to share my eye's with the other works of art. My eye's were perfectly willing to oblige each and every one of the etchings, for the more I studied each individual picture-the more of the story evolved.
Mr. Rops has the fantastic talent (as do a number of Erotic Artists) of etching stories within stories i.e. whilst studying the so called main feature, from each corner of the drawing-whispers of other items emerge from the sidelines to tempt your eyes again.

If you would like to share your comments on Félecien Rops, I would be delighted to receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment